Options for Worship
Living Spirit is an intergenerational congregation, and we are committed to making church a place where people of all ages and abilities are welcome. On Sunday mornings during the school year (September through May) children attend the beginning of worship with their families. Following the Children's Message, children may proceed to the Nursery or Children's Church, depending on their age. During the summer the nursery is still available, but older children worship with the congregation for the entire service.
Most Sundays, children in preschool/kindergarten and 1st-5th grade are invited to faith formation classes during worship time where they will explore the Bible through story, song, prayer and praise. On the first Sunday of each month, children stay with their families for the entire service in order to worship and celebrate communion together with the whole community of faith.
For children birth-age 3, the nursery is available during worship (starting at 10:15 a.m.). Our nursery staff and additional volunteers share God's love for children through tender, playful care. Our introduction to the nursery explains some of the more practical policies.
Throughout the year, there are a variety of non-worship activities and events for children. These include:
- Rally Day Festival (September)
- Pumpkin Party—Pizza, Pinatas, and Pumpkin Carving (October)
- Holiday Activities and Informal Christmas Pageant (December)
- Beginning of Summer Celebration (June)
- South Minneapolis Ecumenical Day Camp (June)
- Urban Camp (Evenings) (July)
- Drumming Workshops (all ages, times vary)
- Dance Workshops (times vary)